Classic Summer LBD
So, this week has been quite a week. Just in case you read last week’s blog post about my computer troubles and wanted a lil update on that — my computer is feeling better, and not acting up on me. Fingers crossed that these good-computer-vibes last. Cause I mean, the last thing I want to be dealing with is setting up a new computer. Okay… actually… that isn’t “The Last Thing,” but you get the point.
Let’s get down to business… (if you haven’t already started mentally singing the training song in Mulan, you should stop what you’re doing and go watch that movie).
I wanna talk LBD — aka, little black dress. I’m sure by now you know my obsession for wearing black. I mean, example 1, 2, 3, & 4… just to name a few. It’s no surprise here that I’m talking about an LBD (little black dress) in mid-summer. I’m sure some people think I’m weird for wearing black in the summer, some people think it’s posh. I fall on the latter side of that. I think black is elegant and chic, and should be worn year-round, which is why when I found this super cute LBD it became a wardrobe staple for me.
Let’s break down why I’m obsessed with this dress:
1. It's all black (duh), so it’s iconically chic 24/7
2. It’s black (double duh), so its effortlessly versatile. I basically just swap in and out accessories and get a whole new look every time. Theoretically, I could wear this dress every day for a whole week and by switching up accessory pieces, could get a whole “new outfit” each day.
3. If you’re wearing this dress on repeat — I mean why wouldn’t you — you’re technically saving yourself money in the long run. Buy one dress, and boom — you have a whole wardrobe!
4. It’s t-shirt style, so the comfiness level is off the charts with this bad boy. I could wear this all day, all evening (or heck — all week), come home and sleep in this dress and be utterly comfortable, like as if I’m wrapped up in a soft cloud that I never want to take off.
5. LBDs are a great wardrobe staple to have. You can dress em up, down, wear all year-round, and they’re flattering on all body shapes and sizes.
Basically, this dress is BA.
Here… or should I say, “this time,” I’ve decided to wear the dress with a black felt hat, chunky stone necklace, black Kate Spade tote, and nude wedges. Tbh, I wear this dress so often, I mix up my accessories each time. Styling this dress is effortless, and the options are endless. When I’m going for a more casual look, I may wear some statement earrings, crossbody purse, and cute tennis shoes. When I’m wanting to dress-up, I’ll slip on some wedges or heels, throw on some of my fav Kendra Scott jewels, a clutch and head out the door. You can easily make this dress your own and style it easily for under $50. Depending on your accessories, you could style this dress for under $25. I say that’s a huge win, especially with how many different ways you can wear this.
I would love to see how you style this dress, or another LBD fav! Just find me on IG @HaleighBelle and tag me in your looks. I would love to see y’all’s personal style!
Photos taken by the one and only Madeline with Madeline Harper Photography.
I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog! I hope it's full of beautiful inspiration and brings a little light-hearted joy to your life. Wishing all of you a beautiful day! I don’t say it enough, but I am so grateful for every single one of you. Thank you so much for following!
If you’re interested in shopping my picks, I’ve posted links below, or you can shop my looks here and here.
Find me on Instagram at: HaleighBelle
I would love to hear your thoughts!