Happy Valentine’s Day!
Hi Friends! Despite the title of this blog, this has nothing to do with Valentine’s Day lol. Instead, I was thinking of doing a little something fun in honor of my birthday, and that’s sharing some fun and interesting facts about me.
Here are some semi-interesting facts about myself:
1. Love Thy Nabers is the second blog I have started. I created my first blog back in July of 2013, where I documented the home renovations I was doing.
2. My useless super power is that I can sleep for hours and days on end. I’m basically the living, breathing Sleeping Beauty – no autographs, please.
3. I love music, and I’ve always loved music. I can’t go a day without listening to music. Music feeds my soul. I go through different phases of musical genres that I listen to, so I like to think that I’m well balanced in music culture.
4. I’m the early bird. My thought process is, if you’re not early, you’re late. I tend to be a bit OCD when it comes to time. During my first job, most of my co-workers would get in trouble for being late, yet I was the weirdo who got in “trouble” for being too early. However, in recent years I’ve definitely had to relax on time (it’s a struggle tbh), especially since my husband is perpetually late. I guess opposites do attract.
5. Something I’ve always wanted to do is go scuba diving with sharks. Cage or no cage. I believe sharks are beautiful, misunderstood creatures. So, this is still on my bucket list.
6. One of life’s guilty pleasures that I love doing, especially on road trips in the car with the hubs, is taking Buzzfeed quizzes. There’s nothing more invigorating than learning what kind of unicorn I am… only to find out I’m a burrito lol. Just kidding! I got “Pegacorn.” Find out what unicorn you are here.
7. I have a hard time picking favorites of anything. This probably has something to do with me being so indecisive. Example, if someone asks me “what’s your favorite color?” I would end up listing off every color. As a child I remember being asked this question because we were taking a poll in our 1st grade class. I couldn’t pick a favorite (go figure), so I asked to vote last. I ended up picking the only color that no one had voted as “their favorite” just because I felt so bad for the lonely, unloved color. FYI: The color was brown, and I can say, that color is not in my top favorites haha.
8. I love humor. I love jokes. And I love laughing (mainly at myself lol). I feel like I can have either really corny, dad-joke kinda humor, or super sarcastic, sassy humor. Think of a mashup of Aubrey Plaza and Jessica Day (Zooey Deschanel’s character from New Girl).
9. I love hiking and being outdoors. I really consider myself to be in my element when I’m among nature.
10. On the other end of the spectrum, if I do have to be indoors, I would rather be at home cuddling with my pupper, or at an art museum.
11. Speaking of nature, I’m really into gardening. Mostly flowers, plants, and cactuses, but I’m hoping to start my own fruit and vegetable garden soon.
12. I have a strong love for flowers, and I would fill my home with them if I could.
13. I have always had a love and passion for animals – all animals.
14. I’m an ambivert.
15. I was randomly stalked at the airport once because these two women genuinely thought I was Kate Upton and wanted a picture and an autograph. It took awhile for me to convince them I wasn’t actually her. Though I was utterly flattered, I wish I looked more like her. A girl can dream…
16. The cook in our household is my hubs. He could basically open his own restaurant, that’s how delicious his cooking his! However, I absolutely hate cooking. I view it as cruel and unusual punishment. I’m the kind of person that, if I’m left to cook for myself, I would rather go hungry. Baking is another story…
17. I’m obsessed with vegetables, don’t get me wrong I love fruit too, but I’m obsessed with vegetables. Just steam me up some veggies (I’ll eat em raw too), sprinkle all the hot spices in the world, and I will eat till my heart’s content.
18. Like Beyoncé, I carry hot sauce in my bag (swag), because I need my food to be spicy hot. I have yet to find something too hot to eat.
19. When I was young, I loved taking photos. I still love taking pictures, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve also learned to really appreciate living and being in the moment. So now, I really have to make a conscience effort to remember to snap a couple pictures.
20. My favorite thing to do each day is go to the gym. My hubs and I are really into living a healthy lifestyle, so if you’re wandering around Austin looking for us, you’ll probably find us at the gym gettin our workout on.
21. I love traveling, and I wish I could do it more often. I love going to new places and experiencing new cultures.
22. I prefer the mountains over the beach, buuuuut if I can be at both at the same time, that’s pretty ideal.
23. I love the art of hand lettering, and you can say I’m low key obsessed with typography and calligraphy. As a matter of fact, I do indeed do hand lettering on the side, but these are typically small side projects.
24. I have written a few short stories, and I’m currently writing a piece now. As a kid, I used to write and illustrate my own magazines, comic books, and short stories. However, I never publish anything.
25. I’ve been to almost all 50 states. The last 3 states I need to visit are: North Dakota, Montana, and Michigan. I’m hoping to check off my final states in the next year or two.
I hope you have found this post interesting, and you were able to learn something new about me. So raise your glasses and let’s make a toast to Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day, and… my birthday lol!
Find me on Instagram @HaleighBelle and drop me a comment telling me a fun fact about yourself. I always love getting to know my followers!
I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog! I hope it's full of beautiful inspiration and brings a little light-hearted joy to your life. Wishing all of you a beautiful day! I don’t say it enough, but I am so grateful for every single one of you. Thank you so much for following!
If you’re interested in shopping my picks, you can shop my looks here and here.
Find me on Instagram at: HaleighBelle
I would love to hear your thoughts!