Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, now is the time to start planning. Whether you’re gift-giving to a boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, gal pal, guy pal, mother, father, or any other significant person in your life, I’ve got the scoop on the best gift giving guide for you.
Gifting for your SO should be the easiest, because… well, they’re your SO, and you know them better than anyone else. Yet, sometimes when you know someone that well, it’s actually much harder to find them the perfect gift.
The best way to navigate SO gift-giving is by finding out what they are passionate about, or something that they really, really like. Those kinds of gifts are the best and the most genuine. Better than a $5 candle, that is, unless they are passionate about those $5 candles (hey, I’m not hatin, I love a good candle).
Some of my most favorite gifts are experiences, but I understand some people prefer something a bit more tangible. So here’s my gifting list with a little mix of everything, that is perfect for any special someone in your life.
Experience Gift Ideas:
Cooking classes for the foodie. Here’s a list of a few places worth checking out:
- The Sustainable Food Center, varying prices from Free classes to $210 per person.
- Central Market Cooking Classes, varying prices from $50 per person to $150 per couple.
- Make it Sweet Cooking Classes, varying prices from $60-$70 per person.
Spa day for the person who needs to relax or enjoy a day of relaxation:
- Viva Day Spa
- Milk + Honey Spa
- AWAY Spa Austin in the W Hotel (Austin residents get an additional 30% off!! Woohoo!)
- Travaasa Austin Spa
For those who like to travel, or be a tourist in your own city (for all you Austinites). Ideas on places to visit/things to do:
- Bike or Hike around Lady Bird Lake
- Texas State Capitol
- Bullock State History Museum
- Blanton Museum of Art
- HOPE Outdoor Gallery
- Peter Pan Mini Golf
- Check out a concert at one of Austin’s iconic music venues
- Grab a bite to eat at one of Austin’s iconic Food Trucks… or just try all of them!
- Spend the day hanging out on South Congress
- Check out local walking tours and learn more about Austin and the history that makes this city so great.
Find a good hike and have a picnic (for the adventure seeker, or the person who just loves being outdoors)
- Paddling boarding on town lake (don’t knock it, sometimes it's super warm in Austin in February)
- Bike around Downtown Austin
- Hike Lady Bird Lake
- Hike and picnic at Zilker Park
- Hike Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve
- Hike St. Edwards Park
- Hike River Place Nature Trail
- Hike Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge (a bit of a drive, but worth it)
- Go try out an exercise class or yoga class
Tangible Gift Ideas:
- Coloring book and color marker set or watercolor set
- Beer or wine bouquet
- Coffee or Tea bouquet
- Floral or succulent bouquet (check out Blumen Floral - get a special discount if you use the code LOVETHYNABERS)
- A really good book. Pro tip: find out what kind of books they like to read. Here are some of my favorite books I read in 2017: The Princess Diarist, Milk and Honey, I Am Here Now
- Custom Game
- iPhone Caddy
- Tickets to an upcoming concert, festival, or sporting event.
- Bubble bath set - bring the spa home!
- A jewelry piece that you know they’ve been wanting for a while
- Get your photos professionally taken
- A super cute, super plush blanket - cause cuddle time is the best!
- A $5 candle (lol)
DIY if you have a special craft or talent. DIYing a gift is incredibly special and has a lot more meaning than something store bought.
Do you prefer experience gifts or tangible gifts? What was your favorite gift? Find me on IG @HaleighBelle and send me comment, I’d love to know!
I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog! I hope it's brought a little light-hearted joy to your life, and it’s full of beautiful inspiration.
If you’re interested in shopping my picks, I’ve posted links below, or you can shop my looks here and here.
Find me on Instagram at: HaleighBelle
I would love to hear your thoughts!
be sure to use the arrows to tab over and see more my gift-giving picks